Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Music of Note...

Ok, I need to take a few seconds and list some of my favorite music of the moment...
I have very diverse musical tastes.

*Sexy Back-Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake proves that he knows how to work it with Timbaland. He takes a simple beat and adds deep sensuality. He also gives illusions to BDSM. Listen carefully..."I'll let you whip me if I misbehave"

*Hips Don't Lie-Shakira feat. Wyclef
I work my hips while brushing my teeth...a few extra minutes of midsection work...Shakira is freakin' hot and Wyclef is just talented. Also provides some political messages regarding racial profiling.

*I Write Sins Not Tragedies-Panic!At the Disco
An old new breed of alternative music. Panic takes simple everyday things adds eclectic "phonics" and turns out poetry. Sin or tragedy, you decide.

*Miss Murder-AFI
What the hell? It's loud and catchy...It's aggressive alterna-rock. Rock on...

*Rompe-Daddy Yankee
*Gasolina-Daddy Yankee
Both of these songs represent Latino music's influence in mainstream culture. Daddy Yankee infuses rhymes with vocal encantations to create solid dance songs.

*Crazy-Gnarls Barkley
Don't let the name fool you..Crazy is a deep soul-inspired track with a message. Reminds me of when my friends and I would put on our mother's shoes and twirl around the house singing...we were going to be stars and larger than life. Unfortunately, those same freinds ended up strung out on drugs and with more children than able to care for. "I think you're crazy just like me."

*Grace-U2
*Wild Honey-U2
I have always loved U2. They have incredible staying power. The long-haired Bono is definitely sexy. Grace is so humbling. Pretty interesting coming from an agnostic person, huh? Wild honey has special meaning to me...some day I may share.

*Sugar We're Doing Down-Fall Out Boy

"Am I more than you bargained for yet?" "I'm just a notch in your bedpost but your're just a line in a song" Wow, very poetic. Reminds me of teenage/young adult angst. Remember when you were mired in out-of-control emotions-one moment floating, one moment falling? Reminds me of the group Panic! At the Disco.

*U Don't Know- Jay Z
Jay Z is a phenomenal rapper. He is linguistically gifted. His music exposes a hidden world of drugs, gangs, and "immorality." If you want to know why some people make bad choices, listen to the rumminations in Jay Z's songs.

Bossy-Kellis
Follow her song and every woman can be a boss.

*Get UR Freak On-Missy Eliott
What more do I have to say? Miss Elliott, you freakin'rock!

Other Artists on My Ipod...
The Eagles
Black Eyed Peas
Indigo Girls
Billy Joel
Kellis
Bob Marley
Modest Mouse
Tori Amos
The Killers
Bob Dylan
Otis Redding
Aretha Franklin
Shania Twain
Gwen Stefani
Ludacris
50 Cent

No comments: