Sunday, August 27, 2006

Woah Horsey!! Too Much Going On...

Woah! The last few days have been crazy. First, I chatted with Blake. What a pleasant surprise. He and Gina are doing well. Gina's parents caught a glimpse of an email that I sent to Blake and Gina had to do some quick explaining. It's a good thing I use a lot of smiley faces in my emails...so now Gina's parents think that they have "jokester" friends LOL!! Well, I guess truth is stranger than fiction.

We went to the Meet and Greet last night. Babette and Marco and Beverly and Lyle (I haven't mentioned them before) were the hosts. Babette is this gorgeous Angelina Jolie-like woman with the right mix of intellectual flare and confidence. Marco is a doctor (dermatology). He has this wonderful friendliness that is welcoming and sexy. Beverly is ten years older than you would think. She reminds me of a Manhattan socialite...confident and dressed in expensive designer clothes. Her husband Lyle is quiet and observing. I noticed him checking out the room.

Prior to this, we had chatted with Marco off and on for about a month. This was the first time someone had ever invited us to a meet and greet. It was a lot of fun. We actually gave our email address to one couple. They are settled in their relationship and seem really nice. Austin and I sensed a vibe with them...I gave them our email address and said...not a big deal, just in case you want it.

Funny thing...I think I may really have soft skin. I wore a strapless dress (I love strapless dresses) to the meet and greet and at least four people touched my back and commented on my skin.

By the way, Gina (of Gina and Blake) and Taryn and Scott signed our address book. It was such a wonderful treat!! Now, if I could only get Blake to sign ;).

So, I bet you are wondering what the "too much going on comment" means. Austin and I have made a big decision...we have decided to stop meeting new couples. So, if we haven't made contact, we won't and we will not pursue any messages that we receive from new couples. We will explain that we are in a time crunch right now. Remember, our goal is to have a small circle of two or three couples. We want to have safe fun and we find that having a small circle of persons that we trust to be important.

No comments: