Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Weekend...Where did the time go??


We had a wonderful time with Yancey and Sam. Sam is this really deep guy who isn't afraid to be vulnerable. Yancey is this free spirit who is unfettered by time or circumstances. They have seen some of the deepest sadness of our time...9/11 and New Orleans after Katrina. They were there walking among the affected. Both times, they made the choice to go.

Sometimes I have to wonder about the significant choices that people make, especially, those choices that expose people to sadness and harm. What does it mean to see such sadness and what does it mean to see such unselfishness. I can only imagine the strength that it took to be there and choose to make a difference.

I was a volunteer therapist for an aid organization during a major hurricane. It helped me to identify a purpose for my existence :). I did this for a few days and it was emotionally draining...

Ok, enough of the deep discussion...So Sam and Yancey are very cool. Austin and I are excited and believe that we have located our Circle of Port. We have definitely stopped meeting new couples. Our circle consists of two out of town couples and two in-town couples. We have played with all couples except one out of town couple. We are including this couple because we can see the potential to be good friends with this couple.

I chatted with Mark of Mark and Rachel. They are doing well. I also chatted with Daniel of Daniel and Vanessa. Daniel is freakin' sexy.

Austin and I also chatted with Blake and Gina. Gina is doing really well. I had this weird dream about Blake...mmmmm trying to keep the site PG.

So I have to poll our playmates...What do I taste like? What does my skin feel like, and what is your favorite position? I will have to report later.

No comments: