Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Reflections of Sadness

I thought I was completely over my dog's death. I rationalized that his life was good and that I didn't want him to suffer. I intellectualized the situation and forgot to mourn. I was there when he took his last breath. I thought I would be ok but I am finding myself becoming sad at really odd times.

Perhaps it was the pictures that I found while we were packing up to move. Perhaps it was the knowledge that one of Austin's coworkers had to euthanize her dog as well. Perhaps it was the realization that my other dog and cat haven't truly played since his death. Perhaps it was just my body rebelling against me for forgetting to mourn. Whatever the reason, I am now in a position where I realize there is an empty part inside of me.

I feel really odd interspersing this between posts regarding gratuitous sex. I mean, you are here to read about my swinging adventures, right? But...right now I have to acknowledge this so that I can resolve this...

No comments: