Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Funny Cold Sore Story

I truly am a germ-a-phobe. I accept that. So, the fact that we are swingers is hysterical!! Anyway, I have never disclosed this story to anyone. I am hoping that certain parties don't see this.

Austin and I met several times with a nice couple. The last time...the operative word is "last" that we met, he arrived at our house bearing gifts--a huge cold sore on his upper lip. OF course I looked at him and said...what is that on your lip? I guess it was my way of saying...I am paranoid about germs and cold sores are very contagious...please leave.

Now, before you make comments that everyone has been exposed to herpes simplex 1...remember that it can be transferred to the nether regions. So...you can have herpes simplex 1 on your genitals and vice versa with simplex 2. By the way, I haven't had a cold sore since I was about three years old. I am not superstitious but I feel like I should knock on wood or something like that.

Ok...I thought it was really weird to go on a swing date with a cold sore. Who would do that? I think I would have just cancelled. I mean...over 90% of the population gets them ---but you want your swing partners to see you in the best light.

So, what happened?? Well, he nervously told me that he gets them when he gets stressed and we had dinner and that was that....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I get cold sores too but I would never show up on a date with one- that is disgusting. Why would you want that near you???? Yes, most of the population has been exposed to it but does that mean you want to suck face with the virus.

yuck.

Anonymous said...

Yucky poo girl! I've never had one that I know of; been with several men who get them (including the Mr. now) but never has anyone tried to expose me to them! And you're right; those suckers can be spread to places you would never want them.

BTW, I was thinking about your self-proclaimed germ-a-phobia when we were talking about STD's earlier. LOL

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a cold sore in over 15 years. But if one were to pop up before meeting another couple or single, I think I would explain the situation and cancel or offer to reduce the evening to drinks and conversation.

I guess I'm curious as to what he was thinking? Did he not know the same are contagious at various points in the cycle? Was he just not thinking?