Monday, June 11, 2007

STDs Part Deux

I remember in college I found out that one of my sorority sisters had genital warts. I remember everyone thinking she was very slutty. The rumor was that she caught warts from a one night stand with a truck driver. That rumor just enhanced the image of the "sleazy, sex starved coed who was risky and deserved her "scarlet gw."

Today, I realize how vulnerable we all are. We have to make good choices regarding our activities and our partners. I hope that others realize this as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I remember in high school people looking down and talking about the pregnant girls -- what sluts! Of course, they weren't doing anything different than anyone else, they just got burned. Same with STD's. A close friend contracted herpes the VERY FIRST TIME she ever had sex :( -- and has to live with it forever. I don't remember the details, but it very well could have been the guy didn't even know he had it. THAT is what is scary. I can't imagine anyone swinging being so reckless as to purposely pass a disease along ... but I can see thinking one is clean when one is not.

STD's are the biggest concern I have with swinging. Hell -- "Mr." won't even kiss me, not to mention go down there, even if he FEELS like he might be getting a cold sore ...